The new Core Nexus is a perfect machine for a person looking for a real cross-over kite. Are you looking for a true Jack Of All Trades? This is it and it's been proven over and over again. It works superbly well on a twintip, surfboard and foilboard. Nexus is super stable in the air - no matter whether you're a beginner or advanced rider - you'll love the fact that if you'll leave it at 12 it will stay at 12. No messing about. It's also really fast when you need it to be. Perfect for loops, wave riding and when you need to generate that extra power when foiling in lighter winds. Even in its larger sizes in the LW version it's surprisingly fast! It has fairly low bar pressure so it's perfect for longer sessions that won't stretch your arms to the floor.
It's not as lofty as XR and it won't megaloop like the GTS5. But it sits nicely in the middle between these kites. It jumps really well and the hang time is super impressive. Different to XR model, the Core Nexus gives you more options to ride - it definitely loops better and has a much better drift. So, if you're switching from a twin tip to a surfboard or a foil, you'll love it even more. It's so good in drift in fact, that it feels almost the same in that regard as Core's dedicated wave kite, the Section 2. It's possibly one of the most versatile kites on the market hands down. Kiteloops are really easy going - there's not so much grunt as with the GTS5 so you'll feel safer trying new stuff.
Construction-wise - it's pretty much bullet proof. Core's proprietary CoreTex material, which is a high-quality triple RipStop, makes Core Nexus, and other Core gear, the strongest kites on the market. On the LW (Light Wind) version of Nexus, Core uses a very durable single RipStop to keep the weight down but yet it maintains the durability the company's so renowned for. Check out this link for where we explain the quality control on Core Kites.
It has 3 adjustments on the bridles (i.e. CIT Modes) - so you can adjust where you want your Core Nexus to sit in the wind window. Same on the wing tips, there are three settings depending on whether you want more bar pressure, faster turning, less pressure and slower turning. From our experience, the default settings worked a treat for everything we've thrown at the kite, but it's worth playing around with the settings to see what works best for you.
If you want to dive into tech details, check out the Core Kites website here. And if you have any questions about Core Nexus or any other kites in the range, you're unsure about sizes or even the type of the kite you need - get in touch and we'll help you out.
Also, make sure to check out Kiteworld Magazine review of Core Nexus here and below:
Core Nexus Key Features:
- FUTURE-C SHAPE: True C-kite feel. For snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull.
- CIT MODES (NEW): Fully adjustable kite handling characteristics.
- RADICAL REACTION TIPS: C-style shaped wingtips for faster bar response.
- 3 STRUT LIGHT FRAME: Super light yet amazingly rigid and durable.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: Zero stretch airframe.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- SURF PROFILE: Modified camber for improved drifting and balance.
- ULTRASHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Reliable water starts in difficult conditions.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Quick, reduced effort inflation.
- SPEED PUMP SYSTEM: Super fast all strut inflation.
- SENSOR BAR READY: For maximum kite feedback and control pair this kite with a Sensor 2 or 2S bar.
- 6 YEAR PARTS GUARANTEE Six-year parts availability guarantee.