Easy to ride, perfect for a first surfboard or as a general all-rounder! Airush has designed the new board for a wave enthusiast looking for performance in all round conditions, the compact delivers the perfect package. At 5 inches shorter than your regular board, the Compact fits into every section of the wave imaginable and at the same time has the stability and drive to deal with high wind and bigger wave conditions.
The vee bottom in the tail area allows for smooth rail-to-rail transitions, while the fuller nose area in the entry of the board and intermediate width, help increase planning speed over flat sections. This maintains the low end of what a rider would find in a much longer board. Its narrow tail and reduced hip give it more control in high wind, which in conjunction with the bottom shape, ensure the smoothest drive in the toughest conditions.
The Compact Flytech features a tri-fin box setup for functional everyday use, while the Compact Active is supplied standard with tri-fin and quad fin options, perfect for the discerning rider looking for increased versatility from side shore to onshore conditions.
- Perfect down the line
- Cross/Cross offshore Conditions
- Vertical top to bottom
- Rider looking for all-round board up to medium sized surf.
- Rider looking for maximum control
//Compared to the Converse
- Shorter overall length (Ride the Compact 4 inches shorter than the 2013 Converse) - Compact has Flatter rocker - Compact has V bottom (Converse is a single concave) - Compact has more parallel hip section
//Compared to the Cypher
- Shorter overall length (Ride the Compact 5 inches shorter than the 2013 Converse)
- Ride the Compact 1 inch longer than the Cyper.
- Compact has more rocker
- Compact is narrower.
- Tucked surf rails for all round wave performance.
- Intermediate surf rocker for combination of speed and drive and drive through the bottom turn, while maintaining enough tail rocker for snap coming off the top.
- The Active Carbon offers a patented high flex and responses Carbon construction.
- Single concave nose area with Spiral double concave to vee in tail section.
- Full nose to compensate for reduction in length over traditional surf/wave board. Parallel hip for stability in larger surf, with rounded pin tail for snap off the top.
- Innovative Surfinz box, this box system allows up to 18mm of adjustability along fin spacing along with heavy duty construc- tion, Patented conic screw head and fill FCS compatibility from box and fins.
//Fin configuration, Flytech
- Lightweight, bombproof Hexcore AR5- Tri fins offer all round performance in the flytech construction..
//Fin configuration, Active
- The Active Version of the 2014 Compact features a 5-box setup with two fin options as standard. A Tri Fin AR-5 Setup ideal for down the line cross shore riding, or the new Quad Fin AR-1 set for onshore snap and maneuverability.