You have no items in your shopping cart.
Cabrinha Switchblade 2020 Kitesurfing Kite
If there is one kite that completely defines the essence of kiteboarding… it’s the Switchblade, the most sold kite in the industry. For 2020 the Switchblade celebrates its 14th birthday with the new Nano ripstop canopy, which gives the kite a big upgrade in performance and durability.
The discerning rider who values unrivaled predictability and uncompromising high end performance. For those that want style, power, performance and craftsmanship
But what’s most amazing about the Switchblade is that all this performance comes in one of the easiest to use packages. Its balance and power delivery make this kite light to the touch and simple to fly. Whether you are working on your freestyle game or testing your limits in getting incredible air, the Switchblade will deliver with a class of predictability and reliability that can not be found anywhere else.
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
- Ultimate performance in the widest range of conditions and variety of riding styles
- Ridiculously high hang times
- Large sweet spot and smooth on demand power control
- Excellent upwind performance
- Swept leading edge for effortless relaunch
- IKA Registered for sizes 7, 9 & 11
NANO RIPSTOP CANOPY
2020 catapults Cabrinha into the next generation of kite technology with our all new Nano Ripstop kite canopy material. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite’s design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
COATING: Reduced Elongation - Better performance - Quicker material recovery
PLASMA TREATMENT: Better Stability - Longer lasting
NANO RIPSTOP WEAVE: Doubled tear strength - Increased durability
Nano Ripstop is a 55 g/m2 material with a 3mm double rip stop pattern. This micro rip stop material in unison with the newly developed coating, has given us a 2X increase in the canopy’s tear strength. A smaller rip stop pattern increases the amount of “cells” in any given panel.
The exclusive new coating has been engineered to deliver unprecedented durability and stability, giving you a crispier feel and increased canopy rigidity creating a higher performing kite.
The material’s stability is further locked into place by a process called Plasma treatment, unique to Cabrinha’s exclusive Nano Ripstop. Plasma treatment creates a hydrophilic surface for superior adhesion of the coating onto the unfinished greige material.
The result is a well balanced, stable cloth with greater longevity. Simply put, the coating will take longer to break down which keeps your kite feeling crisp and lively throughout the life of the kite.