The Summit is an all out performance Snowkite for dedicated and experienced Snowkite riders. The 2015 Summit defines top Snowkite performance. With the addition of our new Internal Re-ride Safety System the Summit becomes the most versatile performance kite on the market.
The Summit is for riders with experience and who are looking for a kite to explore the limits of what is possible. The high aspect design, clean sail, de-power range and handling will allow the adventurous to push the boundaries of the sport even further. The Summit has so much potential due to its amazing power generation in light winds but also big de-power in strong winds. Combine that with fast direct handling and you have the ultimate combination for progressive riders.
The design of this kite has been maximized to deliver as much performance as possible for backcountry exploring. Each aspect has been calculated using the latest development techniques to produce a kite that pushes the limit of design. With our new software and our years of experience we have put together a unique combination of aspect ratio, cell width, profile and sail tension. We have incorporated technology from our class leading paraglider designs to dramatically improve stability.
The Summit is available as a Kite Only option, which comes with our all new Kompressor Bag, or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and technical mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Kompressor Bag to the kite complete option to have your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
The 2015 Summit is also available in an Ultralight version. This is the same design but produced with high quality ultra light material and with out the blow-out valves to reduce weight and packing volume to a minimum.
- High Aspect performance profile with internal strapping to increase stability
- Performance Arc to improve the speed and glide
- Enhanced bridle line configuration, less lines reduces the parasitic drag
- All new Internal Re-Ride Safety System. Looses all power in kite and ready to ride after activating again
- Brake Stall handle to land and re-launch the kite with ease
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Velcro openings in the tip to remove debris and snow
- Unique blow-out-valves on the under surface help prevent damaging the kite if crashed
- Heavy duty, technical mountain & backcountry rucksack with enough volume to fit 2 kites and day supplies
- Contact-Snow Control System with 2x 500kg front lines and 2x 300kg back lines for durability and extra safety.
The Contact-Snow Control System offers the latest in safety features, a clean control bar design and a simple easy-to-use trimming system.
Push Away Quick Release – The control system features a new Megatron pushaway quick release safety with total flag out of the kite. The release handle is ergonomic with positive release forces (under 8kg) allowing for quick and easy release. Simple re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Three Safety Modes – The new Contact-Snow Control System offers riders a choice of three safety modes; the recommended Flag Out safety, or the optional Brake Handle or Suicide safety modes.
NOTE: When teaching/practicing release and reload of the chickenloop, we recommend doing so in light winds with the leash attached to the Brake Handle:
- The recommended Flag Out safety offers 100% flag out in all situations by releasing the Megatron or letting go of the bar when un-hooked.
- The Brake Handle safety method attaches the safety leash to the hand brake line that connects to the back leaders, when Megatron is released the kite stalls down to the ground.
- The Suicide option offers 100% flag out only when the Megatron is released whilst hooked in, allowing riders practicing handle passes to let go of the bar with out flagging the kites safety (not recommended).
Anti-twist 100% Flag Out Line – The flag out line running through the Megatron & safety leash attachment at the bottom keeps the leash tangle free when doing rotations and manually unwinding the centre lines using the Spinning Handle.
Low Friction Centre Piece – The new control bar features a low friction aluminum centre piece designed to reduce trim line wear.
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop – Designed in conjunction with the bar centre piece, the Megatron spinning handle allows chicken loop auto positioning, offering easy unhooked riding and hooking back in.
Magnetic trim handle system – The Magnetic trim handle connects to a magnetic neoprene sock covering the clam cleat to reduce tangles when the trimmer is depowered.
PU Covered trim line & Ronstan Orbit Pulley – The tough PU covered trim significantly reduces wear when sheeting in and out, whilst the smooth running Ronstan Orbit Pulley also prevents trim line wear.
The Contact-Snow Control System bar sizes come in 45cm, 50cm and 55cm. The larger size PU chicken loop (sold separately) is perfect for riders with longer arms or for riders wanting even easier hooking in & out.
|8.0||13 – 22|
|10.0||11 – 18|
|12.0||7 – 15|
|15.0||6 – 14|
Kite Only – Kite, Kompressor Bag, Repair pack.
Complete – Kite, Technical Bag, Repair pack, control system including 25m flying lines, short safety leash.