Ride Engine Carbon Elite Harness - 2017
When Ride Engine was first introduced in 2016 it has revolutionised the way kitesurfing harnesses were made. Not only it was the first hard shell harness - it was also the first one designed with such attention to detail and with kiteboarder's anatomy in mind.
This Carbon Elite version is the lightest and the stiffest option from the 2017 Ride Engine Harness range:
- Locks in place, doesn’t ride up or shift from side to side
- Spreads load evenly across back and torso
- Allows full range of motion for uninhibited wave riding
- Low-profile fit, doesn’t get in the way
- Features hook and slider bars for different styles of riding
The main thing for most kitesurfers is that the Ride Engine never rides up. This is because of its revolutionary moulding that locks into your lumbar. It not only doesn't ride up but it doesn't twist either nor the spreader bar bites into your ribs. This makes the ride much more comfortable and you'll be able to enjoy longer sessions. None of that pulling harness down every couple of tacks nonsense. Also, for the shorter-armed kitesurfers (like Jake, one of Skymonster owners) it means no more jumping to reach the bar as the harness doesn't end up under your armpits.
Because it's a hard-shell it does not change its shape under pressure. As opposed to other harnesses that simply wrap around your body, the Ride Engine fits and locks in not allowing any forces to squeeze the harness. On your first session it might feel weird but soon you appreciate that the pull does no longer come from the connection point but it feels as if it is distributed across your body. It makes riding so much better as you feel better connected to the kite. And you're making your back a massive favour.
For 2017 there was some small changes to this already excellent product:
- two new sizes added - XS and XXL and a 12" spreader bar option
- upgraded backplate stitching for extra durability
- more padding to the integrated waist belt
- improved waist belt and spreader bar integration system
- added a kite knife pocket
How to adjust your Ride Engine Harness for the best fit?