You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shinn Model K2 Foil
It's been 2 years since we tore up the rule book and introduced the Model P – a revolution for learning to foil and now we’re at it again. Even now there is a chasm in terms of ability needed between beginner and true performance foils – for 2019 we aim to close that gap and introduce the Shinn K2 foil.
New for the v2 foil:
- Plate is M6 AND M8 compatible
- 40mm deep socket for the mast for strength and stiffness
- Fixing Plate/Mast is now with 3 M8 screws (before was 2)
- All fixings are now TORX to allow tighter connection and easier opening
- Fuselage has re-enfoced section behind mast this adds strength in groundings and huge amount of stability especially down wind
- Nose of fuselage is reshaped for better water entry - less turbulence = more efficiency and more speed
- All parts are now Deep Anodised (coating is 40 to 60 microns deep, normal anodising is 25 microns deep)
- Mast is post-print sprayed in a matt primer, this adds corrosion resistance, improves UV stability of anodising and print and reduces resonance (a key source of foil noise)