Kitesurfing Lessons: Body Dragging
Posted by Jake Oszczepalinski at
Body dragging sucks and there are no two ways about it. How to get get it right? Few tips and tricks from us:
- First off remember that slow = good. The faster you'll try to go, the more ground you will loose. Keep things nice and slow.
- If it's very windy try keeping your kite low and sheet out.
- Keep your body nice and straight pointing as much upwind as you can.
- Stretch your hand pointing it in direction of an static object if you can find one.
- Do longer tacks. As much as you can feel uncomfortable with getting further away from your board this will help you to cover more ground and stay upwind better.
- Don't try to do swimming moves upwind, all you'll do is you'll help your kite to drag you downwind.
- When changing tack (direction) move your kite slowly, otherwise you'll get pulled downwind.
That's pretty much it - the more you practice it (either voluntarily or being forced by the circumstances) after a while you'll be recovering your lost board in the second tack. Have fun :)